How to Cook Competition Level Ribs
(Please note that the quantities are determined by your own personal taste.)
- Dry marinade of your choice
- Brown sugar
- Maple syrup
- Spicy sauce of your choice
- Remove the membrane at the back of the ribs.
- Put a bit of mustard on the ribs to allow the spices to hold better, then put the dry marinade on the meat.
- Marinate for two to four hours.
- Place the spare ribs in the barbecue for indirect cooking at 225 °F during 2 to 3 hours, depending on their size.
- Remove the meat from the barbecue and place in foil.
- Garnish the ribs with brown sugar, maple syrup, honey, spicy sauce, butter, and whiskey.
- Close the foil and return the meat to the barbecue for indirect cooking, still at 225 °F, for 2 more hours.
- Remove the spare ribs from the foil and grill on low heat for about 20 minutes, turning them over, to make sure they do not burn. While cooking the spare ribs, it is important to brush them with your favorite barbecue sauce until they are well caramelized and well sauced.