Have a relaxing family time with this BBQ brunch!
Spring break is upon us. The lucky ones go on a trip while the others go on ski for their last time of the season. If you’re like me, your spring break budget has gone in a brand new smoker. Anyways, since when do we go to Disney Land to eat a tender and juicy brisket?
BBQ 1 – Walt Disney World 0.
We have to be innovative to keep our children busy and to prevent them from getting bored. After all, spring break isn’t a break at all for the parents!
Be brave my friends! This time the week will be fast and quick! All you need is a BBQ, some food and an easy recipes to cook with your children. Trust me!
So go get your kids and let’s cook a BBQ lunch recipe with them.
Smokey French toasts
Ingredients (gives 4-6 french toasts):
- 4-6 slices of home-baked bread
- 4 large eggs
- 100 ml of 35% cooking cream
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup of frozen wild berries
- 2 tablespoons of white sugar
- Hazelnut and cocoa spread
- Icing sugar for presentation
Preparation (Let your children do it while you supervise them):
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs and add the cream, brown sugar, cinnamon, ground nutmeg and vanilla extract.
- Whisk until mixture is homogeneous.
- Preheat your BBQ to 400 ° F.
- Make sure you have a direct cooking zone and an indirect cooking zone.
- Dip the bread in the preparation.
- Make sure the bread is getting wet.
- Cook in an indirect position and smoke with maple wood for an even more decadent result.
- Your french toasts are ready to grill when the outside has a slight color, but the inside of the bread is still slightly damp.
- Place the french toasts in direct cooking and grill by turning them regularly.
- When the french toasts are well grilled. Keep them warm.
- Heat a pan over the flame.
- Pour the wild berries still frozen.
- When the fruits begin to release their water, add the sugar and stir regularly.
- It is ready when the fruits are hot and the water released from the fruits becomes syrupy.
Assembly of the plate (children will love it). Warning it may be sticky:
- Spread hazelnut and cocoa spread on the french toasts.
- Place them on the plate.
- Put the wild berries on the top.
- With a spoon, drop some of the fruits syrup and pour it on the french toast and on the side of the plate.
- Use a sieve to lightly sprinkle the french toast of icing sugar.
All you have to do is enjoy!
Written by Tony Bélanger