For me, Easter rhymes with good memories and traditions. What a pleasure it’s to see the little ones go egg hunting with their basket, to invite the family for a gargantuan brunch or to eat the chocolate the children have received without their permission!
According to a German tradition, a way to welcome Easter is to light a big fire. The Osterfeuer (in German) celebrates the end of the bad weather and the arrival of spring. Inspired by the flame at BBQ Québec, we are launching this year a new tradition: the Easter BBQ!
A good way to inaugurate the BBQ season with your kids is to cook a decadent chocolate pizza. Serve it for breakfast or for dessert and you will amaze all your guests during the traditional Easter brunch!
Happy Easter and good BBQ season to all!
Preparation: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
- 1 ball of homemade or commercial pizza dough
- Flour (to prevent the dough from sticking)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups of cut fruits of your choice (bananas, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, peaches, plums, kiwis …)
- 2 ounces semi-sweet chocolate for cooking, separate
- ¼ cup mini marshmallows
- Orange zest (optional)
- Flower of salt (optional)
- Preheat the BBQ and the pizza pan * (see methods to prevent the plate from breaking).
- In a bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Chop 1 ounce of chocolate roughly. Set aside.
- Roll the pizza dough to make a disc about 20 cm. Lightly flour the underside of the dough, so that it does not stick.
- Place the dough directly on the floured pizza spatula and perforate the dough to prevent it from swelling too much.
- Melt 1 ounce of chocolate in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Spread the melted chocolate over the pizza dough, from the center.
- Sprinkle the mixture with sugar and cinnamon.
- Divide the chopped fruits, marshmallows and chopped chocolate over the dough.
- Cook the pizza on BBQ, about 4-5 minutes or until its crust and the marshmallows are golden brown.
- To serve, add a pinch of fleur de sel and orange zest.
* Method for preheating the propane pizza pan:
- Preheat the pizza pan 10 minutes, the burners at the minimum;
- Continue for 10 minutes, the burners at the maximum;
- Cook the pizza.
* Method for preheating the charcoal pizza pan:
- Light the coal;
- Place the pizza plate on the grill in the indirect zone;
- Let it warm up and aim for a high temperature;
- Cook the pizza.