Caliente golden pita
February, the month when we begin to live normally, where we enjoy the winter activities. For my part, I love ice fishing, find the right place to catch the animals and then cook them on my barbecue. Today, I propose a recipe that will warm you up during these winter days and to satisfy your taste buds.
Ingredients (for 4 pita bread):
- 2 paved walleye freshly caught
- 1 teaspoon of BBQ Québec Ocean spice mix
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 egg
- 1 radish
- 1 mango
- 1 habanero pepper
- 1 teaspoon of butter
- Tequila lime Firebarns hot sauce
- 4 pita bread
- 1 lemon
- Prepare the walleye (s) in paving stones
- Mix the flour and BBQ Québec Ocean spice mix
- Brush the walleye with the egg and flour in the previous mixture
- Prepare a spicy mayonnaise by mixing mayonnaise and Firebarns Tequila-lime sauce
- Cut mango, radish, habanero pepper in small slices
- Mince the cilantro
- Preheat the BBQ at full intensity
- In a pan going on the BBQ (preferably cast iron) put the butter and a tablespoon of olive oil (so that the butter does not brown too quickly)
- Make your paved walleye (2 to 3 minutes) on each side to get a crispy texture
- Sear the pita breads quickly, directly on the fire, to give them a good BBQ taste
- Building the pitas: add the mayonnaise on your bread, add the walleye, radish, mango, habanero peppers and cilantro.
- Add lemon (to taste)
Remember to watch your lines, your meal could be there right now.
Have a good BBQ!
Written by Pascal Petit